Sunday, January 2, 2011

Eleven for '11

I proudly told Paul I wasn't going to make any New Year's resolutions. I said it shouldn't take a new year for someone to make a change, and we should always try to be motivated enough to grow and so on, so forth... See, I've got this all figured out.

Then Paul pointed out most people need a catalyst. "Is it easier to say you'll keep your home clean when you've already lived there for eight months, or right when you move in?" he asked, totally proving my point useless- and thereby inspiring me to actually make some New Years' resolutions.

Ha. I love my husband, he's quite wise. So in light of this (and my cousins' post about her resolutions, which I am copying), I have decided to list some goals (accountability). Don't worry, this won't be a bucket list repeat. Okay, here we go 2011!:

-Get my moneys worth from my gym membership
-Make more time to read
-Finish decorating our home
-Pass Math 60 on the first try
-Strengthen my prayer life and spend more time in the Bible
-Carry out God's vision in my job and children's ministry
-Find an artistic outlet to utilize more often (painting, music, crafts, etc)
-Learn to play guitar
-Change my last name (I know, I know.)
-Start saving money for a trip to Paris
-Become so confident in who God sees me as, that I fear nothing.



For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

2 comments:

hollyanne said...

All of these are amazing and I can identify with so many of these! Praying for you girl!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Cuzz! I miss you! PS I am adding your blog to my favs.