Thursday, October 7, 2010

Idiot Box (Spelled, T-V)

In the spirit of frivilous blog posts, I'm deciding to make a list (I love lists).

I very much enjoy acting, and in this also enjoy the fine art of film acting (okay, getting hooked on silly TV shows). However, silly as they may be, sometimes you love a show only for it to be cancelled two weeks after you heard about it. Or worse, your love turns to horror as a once good show drones on for another three seasons. Remember, you're here by choice- you don't have to read this! :)

Too Young to Die
Arrested Development- Some of the wittiest TV writing I've ever come across, they stooped to shameless and funny lows to promote viewing ("Tell your friends to watch this show.")
Roswell- Any time I hear aliens, I automatically think cheesy. Luckily, they mixed in some good stuff with the cheese.
Studio 60- What can I say, I wanna see Matthew Perry succeed after Friends!
Veronica Mars- Though a close second to Buffy in my book, who doesn't love mystery solving by a strong female lead? ...No, only me?

Jumped the Shark... and Kept Going
24- I could have done without the last season. And season 5. And Wayne Palmer. Enough said.
Alias- Enough with the double identities! Don't any of these agencies do background checks? Or recognize Jennifer Garner in wigs and heavy eyeliner?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Even a die-hard fan can admit it got weird, lame, raunchy, raunchier, then finally gave us a half-decent final season after three years of misery.

Scrubs- The majority of it was great, but with the multiple "endings", I got very confused. Then there were a bunch of new doctors who weren't funny. Then Elliot was pregnant. Then it went away. Finally.
Smallville- WB/CW show. Ten seasons. Case and point.

Circling the Drain
American Idol- The numbers speak for themselves, the winners aren't really making much in numbers or pop culture influence, unlike previous winners from decades past (wait, how long has this show been on?)
The Bachelor/Bachelorette- This actually goes in the "Never Should Have Happened" catagory.

The Office- Don't look at me that way. After third season, there have been few breaks from the soapy and often morally sketchy escapades of the employees. Steve Carell is leaving, and so should NBC.


Okay, my geeking out is finished.

2 comments:

Mae Leah said...

alison, i love when you geek out on your blog.

Unknown said...

Lukas just got me hooked on Veronica Mars. Just made it to second season and I'm loving it! He asked me the other day, "Do you think Paul and Alison would like this show?" I guess I know what to tell him now. haha ;)