Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Promoted to Fianceé


I am engaged, if you hadn't already heard (I know I've told the story several hundred times). I never spent my teen years (or even before) planning out an extravagant fairytale wedding because, honestly, I never wanted to get married. My perception of marriage and relationships was not the best, and so I never gave a wedding much thought.
Now, here I am, 5 years later after God has totally healed and changed my heart, and I'm (trying) to plan a wedding. Don't get me wrong, I am totally pumped on marriage, Paul being my husband forever and even learning how to cook. But planning a wedding? Yikes. I feel so very unfemale in this process. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Morgan Miller said...

ok your wedding freaking rocked.
You should plan them more often, seriously.

;)

Alison Anderberg said...

Wow, I just saw this comment! Thanks, Morgan :) I had a blast and I'm glad you did too!