Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Official- I'm a Blogging Blogger

I'm a person of many words. And many opinions. If you've had a conversation with me, you know it's true. And though I have some great people to talk to in my life, I'm sure a break here and there is appreciated :). Hence, this blog.

God has been teaching me a lot about growing lately. It's so easy for me to get used to a routine- whether it's work, school, church or even ministry- that sometimes I don't realize it's become a rut. God's desire is not for us to grow complacent or stagnant, but to be in a constant state of growing. And lately, God has made it clear to me I'm not really trying. I've had moments, but generally, I've become complacent. I haven't been pursuing Him full-heartedly.

Yet God is so good, and when He speaks the truth, He does it in love. He has revealed many things to my heart that I need to change. But I know He has promised to be there along side me to see these things through: "... He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1: 6) . I also know that when I am weak, He is at His strongest. "...My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12: 9).

What amazing encouragement God gives! To know that through the changes and seasons of my life, He will be there, refining my heart- so long as I willingly give it.
That's why I'm calling my blog Renovations. I want to be actively seeking God and the power He has to renew and renovate my heart for His glory.

2 comments:

Alicia147 said...

yay, you have a blog! =) welcome to blogging!

Mae Leah said...

yay! I didnt know you finally decided to get a blog until i logged onto mine and saw you were a follower of it. hah!

anyways, i love the concept of your blog title and cant wait to read what you have to say including the ways God is going to grow you even more. im stoked!